The University of Bremen invites application for the position as Assistant Researcher/Professor within the field of Postcolonial Literary and Cultural Studies
(starting as soon as possible, limited until 31 October 2017 with the option of renewal)
- personal further qualification (completion of a qualification project)
- as well as supportive and proactive participation
- in the development and coordination of research projects
- in the organisation of guest lectures, conferences and other academic activities
- in the expansion of international research contacts
- in the acquisition of third-party funds
- independent teaching of seminars (2 seminars) in the field named above
- mentoring of seminar papers and examination theses in the Bachelor and Master programs of this faculty
Responsibilities in Academic Administration:
- participation in the management of Bachelor and Master programs
- committee work
- participation in the further development of Bachelor and Master programs
Requirements for employment:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in the fields of English, American or Anglophone Postcolonial Studies
- if possible, PhD degree in the fields of English, American or Anglophone Postcolonial Studies
- research focus in the field of Anglophone Postcolonial Studies (preferably in African Diaspora Studies or related research fields), in transnationality studies and latest culture theories
- pedagogical suitability.
The University of Bremen follows a diversity strategy. It strives to increase the number of women in the academy and strongly encourages applications from suitably qualified female candidates. International applications and applications of academics with a migration background are explicitly welcome. Disabled persons with the same professional and personal qualifications will be given preference.
Please send your application including the usual documents (CV, certificates, teaching portfolio, list of publications [publications only on request], exposé of research project and, if applicable, of completed research projects) by June 15, 2015, citing the above-mentioned reference number, to:
Universität Bremen, Fachbereich 10, Prof. Dr. Kerstin Knopf, Postfach 330 440, 28334 Bremen.
Please send only copies of your application documents (no folders) as they cannot be sent back for financial reasons. Upon conclusion of the selection process these documents will be destroyed.
For further information please visit Job Vacancies at the University of Bremen or contact:
Prof. Dr. Kerstin Knopf
FB 10 – Sprach- und Literaturwissenschaften